Now listed on IMDB:
More Information pending or available upon request.
hawkenterprising at gmail dot com
- "What Wilbur Wrought" a Vaudevillian-style theatrical play by Jay W. Lees as heroic lead at Realms of Inquiry (as Sam "the hero") - Utah ~ 1983.
- "You Can't Take it With You" (2 different productions, 1st as Eddie, then as Tony) - Utah ~1984 and ~1986
- "Hamlet" (as Hamlet) - Utah ~1985, ~1986, ~1987, ~1989
- "MacBeth" (as MacDuff) - Utah ~1989
- "Romeo & Juliet" (as Benvolio) - Utah ~1989
- "Robin Hood" (as Robin Hood) - Wheeler Farm, Utah ~1990
- "Midsummer Nights Dream" (as Oberon) - Utah ~1990
- "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" (as Brick) - Utah - 1990
- "A Christmas Carol" (as Scrooge) - Idaho - 2002
- "A New Mama for Bubba" a slasher video filmed in Utah and Wyoming - 1991
- Webisodes - "Gamers 3: Hands of Fate", as Pirate - Washington - 2012
- "Fire versus Ice" (Narrator) - Spokane First Night, Kung fu For Life performances - Washington ~2006
- book release reading - Internet - 2007
- "The Synthetic Zen Show" (DJ) - NR Radio, Santiago Chile / Internet - 2004-2005
- (DJ, Host, Co-host) - Washington 2004-2007
- "Tech Talk With Hawke" (Talk Show Host) - KYRS FM - Washington 2006-2007
- (Speaker) - Washington & Internet- 2005-2012
- (Talk Show Host and Co-host) - Washington - 2008-2012
Vocal & Instrumental Recordings and Performances
- Synthetic Zen Website: - - 1989-2012
- SLCC Quad, Cover band lead guitarist, Salt Lake City, Utah ~1989
- Java Jive - Solo guitarist & vocalist (live) - Sugarhouse, Utah, ~1990
- Kafka's Coffee - Solo multi-instrumentalist and vocalist (live) - Cheney, Washington - 2006-2007
- Petit Chat - Multi-instrumentalist and vocalist (live) - Spokane, Washington, Summer 2012
- Composers Symposium - Perfomance - Cheney, Washington, November 13th, 2012
Operatic/Musical Vocal Repertoire (baritone/bass):
- Ave Maria (Schubert's Ellen's Third Song, D.839, Op. 52, No. 6, Latin Version) St. Ann's School - performed as boy soprano - Utah - 1981
- Caro Mio Ben - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2004, 2008
- Let Us Break Bread Together - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2006
- Across the Western Ocean - EWU - Cheney, WA- 2007
- Blow High, Blow Low - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2007
- Sebben crudele - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2007-
- Amarilli, mia bella - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2008
- Vergin, tutto amor - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2008
- The King of Love my shepherd is - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2008
- The Sea - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2008
- Modern Major General, Pirates of Penzance - EWU - Cheney, WA - 200?
- Gia il sole dal Gange - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2008 & 2009
- O cessate di piagarmi - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2009
- Encatadora Maria - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2009
- Jagdlied - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2009
- Widmung - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2009
- Lungi dal Caro Bene - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2008, 2009, 2011
- Shanandoah - EWU - Cheney, WA- 2010
- Hor' Ich Das Liedchen Klingen - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2011
- House of the Rising Sun - Petit Chat - Spokane, WA - 2012
Related Education & Skills
- Aikido - San Francisco, California - 1974
- Style 1 - Bay Area, California - 1979-1984
- Chung Shing Kung Fu - Salt Lake City, Utah - 1984-1986
- Aikido - Fremont, California - 2000
- Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut - Fremont, California - 2000-2002
- Goju Ryu Karate - Cheney, Washington - 2006
- Kung fu - Spokane, Washington - 2004-2010
- Weapons training: Quarterstaff, spear, naginata, single scimitar, dual scimitar, sword
Realms of Inquiry - Sugarhouse, Utah
- Theater - ~1983-1986?
Highland High School - Salt Lake City, Utah
- Theater - ~1986-1988
Spokane Community College
- Basic Acting - 1989
- Survey of Theater - 1989
Eastern Washington University
- Voice - Cheney, Washington - 2004-2012
- Concert Choir - Cheney, Washington - 2004-2008
IMDB Formatted Resume:
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6 feet 7 in
- Weight: 280 lbs
- Age Range: 25 - 50
- Physique: Athletic
- Hair Color: Brown
- Hair Length: Short
- Eyes: Blue
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Voice Type: Bass, Baritone
|The Gamers: Hands of Fate||Pirate 2||Zombie Orpheus Productions|
|A New Mama For Bubba||Actor||Unknown|
|A Christmas Carol||Ebenezer Scrooge||Malad City Civic Theater|
|Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (excerpts)||Brick Pollitt||SLCC|
|Hamlet||Hamlet||Realms of Inquiry|
|You Can't Take It With You||Tony Kirby||Edmund at Highland|
|Robin Hood Outdoor Theater||Robin Hood||Wheeler Farm|
|Romeo and Juliet||Benvolio||SLCC|
|Midsummer Night's Dream||Oberon||SLCC|
|You Can't Take It With You||Ed Carmichael||Realms of Inquiry|
|Tech Talk With Hawke||Talk Show Host||KYRS FM|
|The Synthetic Zen Show||Host and DJ||KYRS RM|
|The Synthetic Zen Show||Host and DJ||NEKKID Radio|
|Fire Versus Ice - Kung Fu For Life - Spokane First Night||Narrator||Kung Fu For Life|
|Synthetic Zen at Kafka's||Live Musician & Vocalist||Kafka's in Cheney|
|Synthetic Zen at Petit Chat||Live Musician & Vocalist||Petit Chat Village|
|Synthetic Zen at Java Jive||Live Musician & Vocalist||Java Jive|
|EWU Composer's Symposium Fall 2012||Live Musician and composer (classical guitar)||Ben Luca Robertson|
|The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien book release introduction reading||Narrator||The Tolkien Society|
|Tolken Moot||Host||Ea Tolkien Society|
|Middle-earth Talk Radio||Talk Show Host||Middle-earth Radio|
- Performance Skills: Host, Impressionist, Martial Arts, Juggling, Motorcyclist, Disc Jockey, Singing, Voiceover, Whistling, Firearms
- Athletic Skills: Golf, Martial Arts, Basketball, Swimming, Baseball, Ice Skating, Volleyball, Weight Lifting, Snow Skiing, Yoga, Cycling, Equestrian, Tennis, Bowling, Track & Field, Soccer, Football, Skateboarding
- Accents: Spanish, Cockney, Mexican, Midwest, Russian, Australian, Japanese, Texan, British, Irish
- Spoken Languages: Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Finnish, Chinese, Sign Language, Mandarin
- Musical Instruments: Viola, Bass Guitar, Recorder, Mandolin, Piano, Charango, Harmonica, Drums, Banjo, Ukulele, Ney, Irish Whistle, Percussion, Synthesizers, Midjwiz, Sitar, Guitar, Didgeridoo, Flute, Bodhran (Irish Drum)
- Dance: Waltz, Irish Dance, Tap, Club/Freestyle, Ballet, Square
- Salt Lake Community College, Various Classes, Utah, 1989
History of Theater Acting Techniques
- Certified Careers Institute, Associates in Computer Science, Utah, 1998
Technnical degree in information technology, software development, information security, hardware, networking, management, etc. Later became CIO and CTO of various companies.
- Eastern Washington University, Interdisciplinary - Recreation Therapy, Music, and Research Psychology, Washington, 2013
Currently a part time senior, working on Bachelors, intend to continue on to Masters and possibly doctorate.
- Spokane Falls Community College, Mandarin, Washington, 2008
Courses in Mandarin Chinese.
- St Ann's School, Utah, Solo Vocalist - Boy Soprano, Sister Margaret Anne, 1981
Vocals for choir and solo performance. Performed variation of Schubert's Ave Maria - originally "Ellens dritter Gesang" (Ellens Gesang III, D. 839, Op. 52, No. 6, 1825) as solo boy soprano.
- Realms of Inquiry, Utah, Theater, Various instructors, 1983
1983 through 1986, many classes and performances.
- Highland High School, Utah, Theater, Edmund, 1986
1986 through 1988. Various classes in theater and acting techniques. Many stage performances.
- Salt Lake Community College, Utah, Basic Acting courses, Various, 1989
Various courses on basic acting.
- Eastern Washington University, Washington, Music Minor, Various, 2010
Music minor, plus composition. Music Theory 1 through 3, fundamentals of music on guitar, fundamentals of music on piano, concert choir, solo vocalist (baritone), counterpoint, composition, etc.
- Eastern Washington University and Private Lessons, Washington, Voice Lessons (Baritone), Steve Mortier, 2004
Individual voice lessons from 2004 through 2012. Various styles, but mostly operatic and musical theater styles. Extensive repertoire, includes quarterly solo jury performances. Caro Mio Ben - 2004, 2008. Let Us Break Bread Together - 2006. Across the Western Ocean - 2007. Blow High, Blow Low - 2007. Sebben crudele - EWU - 2007. Amarilli, mia bella - EWU - 2008. Vergin, tutto amor - EWU - 2008. The King of Love my shepherd is - 2008. The Sea - EWU - Cheney, WA - 2008. Modern Major General, Pirates of Penzance - 2009. Gia il sole dal Gange - 2008 & 2009. O cessate di piagarmi - 2009. Encatadora Maria - EWU - 2009. Jagdlied - 2009. Widmung - 2009. Lungi dal Caro Bene - 2008, 2009, 2011. Shanandoah - 2010. Hor' Ich Das Liedchen Klingen - 2011. House of the Rising Sun - Petit Chat -2012.
- San Francisco Aikido, California, Martial Arts - Aikido, Various, 1974
Beginning training in Aikido. Continued intermittently over the years from 1974 through 2001, also in various areas around the Bay Area.
- Kung Fu of Okland, California, Kung fu, Master Mio, 1979
Ongoing intensive training (8 hours per day, 6 days per week) on and off from 1979 through 1984. In addition to weaponless fighting, extensive training in weapon use with staff.
- Chung Shing Kung Fu, Utah, Martial Arts - Kungfu, Master Li, 1985
1985 through 1987, Chung Shing Kung Fu, and extensive weapons training (over 20 weapons). Specialized in staff and double scimitars.
- Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu Academy of Fremont, California, Martial Arts - Kung Fu, Sifu Shane Lacey, 2000
2000 through 2002 - Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut Kung fu training.
- Bruce McDavis Dojo, Washington, Martial Arts - Goju Ryu Karate, Sensei Bruce McDavis, 2006
3 months introductory course in Goju Ryu Karate.
- Aikido of Fremont, California, Martial Arts - Aikido, Various, 2000
Ongoing training in Aikido from 2000 through 2002.
- Kung Fu For Life, Washington, Martial Arts - Kung fu, David Toutonghi, 2004
2004 through 2010, mixed martial arts with Kung fu and Karate focus.
- Ballet of San Franscisco, California, Ballet, Various, 1974
1 year of inroductory courses in ballet (youth).
- Olympus Cove Dance Studio, Utah, Tap Dance, Various, 1984
1 year of introductory tap dance classes.
- Realms of Inquiry, Utah, Spanish, Various, 1983
1983 through 1986, 3 years of Spanish classes.
- Highland High School, Utah, Russian, Various, 1987
1 year of Russian classes. Refreshed with private lessons in 1994-1995.
- Spokane Falls Community College, Washinton, Mandarin Chinese, Cheng Xialing, 2008
3 Months Chinese language verbal and written.
- Work History: Announcer, Theater, Radio, Voice Over, Film, Internet
- Job Categories: Lighting, Camera Operation, Editing, Hair and Make-up, Electrical, Composing, Acting, Sound, Writing
- Are you willing to work unpaid?: Yes
- Authorized to work in United States: Yes
- Primary Citizenship: United States
- Valid Passport: Yes
- Prior Job Title 1: Actor
- Prior Job Title 2: Talk Show Host
- Prior Job Title 3: Narrator